The Wait


These trees are dressed for the dance of fall!

November 2
Wandering around the other morning I was fully aware I was not all there.  There are pieces of me which are missing, but I'm confident they will come back. The needs of a beautiful young woman, who is currently in the hospital waiting out the results of her stem cell transplant, popped in my mind and as I prayed for her this poem flowed out.  Apropos for both of us.

The Waiting
I wonder in the waiting, if I’ll ever be the same.
Looking back on the battle, there is absolutely no one to blame.
Then a Presence, so familiar, so warm, so welcoming
Reminds me there is purpose and so much more to gain.

I may not be where I’d rather be, at this very moment in time.
But knowing I’m with Jesus makes each second purely DIVINE!

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:14


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1