The Word is Alive-Psalm 19

November 20
Hiding out in Psalm 19 the other day was a great follow up to the thoughts on perfection.  Afterwards I wrote:
"Oh, Precious Father, thank you for loving me. As I stare at your attributes in this Psalm I pray that I might live a life that is pleasing in your sight, but I'm not perfect like You.  Help me to live in a way that others see these attributes in me.  (Forget the first one...perfect.)
Trustworthy
Right
Radiant
Pure
Firm (Not physically, but as in reliable and enduring.)
Righteous 
Desirable
Precious
Sweeter than Honey
Thank You for the power in your Word. It changes lives. It confronts me with love and motivates me to repent.  Then it refreshes me after the process and fills me with joy.  You are for REAL God and your Word is living and active!

Psalm 19
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.
 They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them.
  Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
  It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
  like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
  It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other;
  nothing is deprived of its warmth.
 The law of the Lord is perfectrefreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthymaking wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right,  giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
  The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous.
They are more precious than gold,  than much pure gold; 
they are sweeter than honeythan honey from the honeycomb.
By them your servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
But who can discern their own errors?  Forgive my hidden faults.
Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me.
Then I will be blameless,  innocent of great transgression.
 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

 May each of your souls be refreshed, the wise made simple, your hearts given joy, and your eyes given light this weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1