Trolling

These shots were taken from our screened porch with me in my nightgown!
I don't think this fisherman knows he's been shot!
"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not also,
along with him, graciously give us all things?"
Romans 8:32
November 12
Looking out our bedroom window early this morning the pink sky was peeking over the mountain range, as I noticed a fisherman s-l-o-w-l-y trolling in our cove. I laughed!  That's it Lord!  I'm at trolling speed right now and that's ok!  I opened Jesus Calling and found these words:

"This is a time of abundance in your life.  Your cup runner over with blessings.  After plodding uphill for many weeks, you are  now traipsing through lush meadows drenched in warm sunshine. I want you to enjoy to the full this time of ease and refreshment.  I delight in providing it for you."

My mind raced ahead...hmm warm sunshine?  Maybe I'm supposed to hop on an Allegiant Airlines flight to Florida and visit our son and daughter in law?  No, its going to be 70 degrees here at Shiloh today with plenty of sunshine!  I do believe this is a time of abundance for me with the Lord and my cup has run way over with blessings these past two months for which I am so grateful.

Yesterday morning, I gave up 18 viles of blood to the hematologist lab. I looked at the sweet tech and said, "I'm I going to be able to walk out of here?"  The big hooray was my blood clotted fine afterwards, unlike in Nashville where I splattered the lab with crimson stripes.  So the mystery of "Why a stroke?" continues.  The cardiologist is just as baffled and wants me back on a monitor to try to find a clue.  Not thrilled, but I understand. I just won't be as cozy to cuddle up to over Thanksgiving with the grands.  I'll pull out my cashmere ruanas and maybe no one will notice.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1