Lay It Down




February 14
For 18 months many of us have prayed for healing from lymphoma for a young 28 year old woman, whose in-laws are dear, dear friends of ours.  Today that healing came in the form of her leaving this earth for a new body in heaven.
These two verses from my coloring book are tributes to the sweet love her husband had for her and the steadfast love that he, her family and friends have shown her these past months.

"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another."
John 13:34

"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends."
John 15:13

This really isn't the outcome I saw happening.  I've said numerous "Why's?" to God throughout this painful illness.  While I still don't understand, I know God is sovereign and loves this couple deeply.
My husband and I had the privilege of praying over her by phone this morning before she died and then were able to get a member of our church praise band to sing Meredith Andrews' beautiful song...
"Not For a Moment Did I Forsake You."  Death is part of life.  It is easier to face when you know someone is spending eternity with Jesus and you will see them again.



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?