Deficiency

The one year old cousins had a good time hanging out together.


April 9
People laugh about getting older and talking about health problems, but there really is wisdom and insight to be gained from people battling the same diseases or in one case, deficiencies.  Going over blood work results with friends, I've come to find out that most of them also have a Vitamin D deficiency.  I also learned that if I'd snoop around on some back porches and decks, I'd find my friends lying out in their bras and panties (I'm opting for hiking up my skirt) for about 10 minutes a day to get sun on their mid-drifts, backs, and thighs!  (Supposedly the best areas of the body for soaking up the vitamin D!)

The definition of deficiency is "the lack of something that is needed."

God knows all our deficiencies.  Physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Jesus' brother, James, was not a believer until after the Resurrection.  In the book of James, thought to be written by him, he has great insight into the purpose of the trials and training process we go through here on earth.

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends. when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.  You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors.  So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."  James 1:2-4

Needed to read those words today.  While I had a fabulous week and did more than I ever could have imagined, my body shouted "STOP!" yesterday.  Timidity and stupidity kept me from asking my Bible Study leader yesterday if we could turn off the fluorescent lights. After over two hours under them I had a nasty headache.  Everyday this week and several evenings had me out and about.  At a large function last night, involving dinner and a lot of socializing, by 9PM my left leg was dragging and my thought process and speech greatly slowed.  Prayerfully, I was not an embarrassment to my husband who was hosting the event.
Once again, I assumed I was totally back to full speed.  God had even placed a wise nurse at a dinner here Thursday night, whom in hearing my elation over feeling so good stated, "You will have set backs."  So, I've regretted a fun sewing event at our church this morning and I will be still and practice the lesson of contentment, allowing God do his work to mature and develop me, so I'm not deficient in any way!

"Be still and know that I am God."  Psalm 46:10

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. Philippians 4:11




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?