Good News Brings Relief



April  23-24
April 14th my husband heard the words, I'm afraid the cancer is back. I need to do another biopsy. You will need to be thinking about surgery or six weeks of radiation three times a week. UGH.  
It took a whole week to get the lab results.  You say you aren't going to worry, but you do.

With his busy teaching/administrating schedule we asked the doctor's office to give me a call with the results.  When the call finally came the phrases "Praise the Lord!  What a relief! I am so excited!" just spewed out of my mouth. The lady making the call laughed out loud at me.  I guess that's not a normal response from patients, but I was so happy!

Take time today to think back on occasions when you've gotten good news...
"It's a rub on tattoo! It's not permanent!"
"You're pregnant!"
"You're flight is on time!"
"You were selected for the scholarship!"
"You made the team!"
"You got the house!"
"You passed the bar!"
"There are no termites!"

What a good feeling good news brings! Proverbs 15:30 expresses it like this.
In The Message:
"A twinkle in the eye means joy in the heart, and good news makes you feel fit as a fiddle."

The NIV
"Light in a messenger's eyes brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?