The Surrendered Summer


  
May 30
The "Fixer Upper" piece I shared this weekend ended with this scripture passage:

 Ephesians 3:14-21, which reads:
“My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth…
And I ask Him that, with both feet firmly planted on love, you’ll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.
God can do anything, you know — far more than you could ever imagine, or guess, or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around, but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently within us.”

After meditating on this passage and reflecting on the article as a whole, I told the Lord I wanted to live A Surrendered Summer.

Will you pray that for me?  That each day this summer I will be intentional to be in the Lord's presence and living in His will.

Love it when the confirmation comes after thinking we've heard from the Lord.  In church yesterday morning our worship team sang a song that wasn't very familiar to me.  It's called Give Me Faith to Trust and the lyric that jumped out at me was...."All I am I surrender."

"Give Me Faith" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFHudYLt6l0
        
                                                        I need You To soften my heart and break me apart
I need You To open my eyes, to see that You're shaping my life

All I am, I surrender

Give me faith to trust what You say,
That You're good and Your love is great
I'm broken inside, I give You my life

I need You To soften my heart and break me apart
I need You To pierce through the dark and cleanse every part of me

All I am, I surrender

Give me faith to trust what You say,
That You're good and Your love is great
I'm broken inside, I give You my life

And I may be weak but Your Spirit's strong in me
My flesh may fail, but my God, You never will

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?