Alone



June 3
On my morning walks, I pass this tree standing all alone in a large field.  I contemplated the word alone in reference to who God is.  My computer dictionary defined alone as:
"...having no one else present; without other's help."
While some may argue God has never been alone, because of the Trinity, I'd think we can agree God is alone in his uniqueness of being.  There is none like Him!

The alone contemplation took me to these verses affirming there is no one like Him.

"In peace I will lie down and slow, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

"Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure."   Psalm 16:5

"I will come and proclaim your might acts, Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone."  Psalm 71:16

"Praise be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who alone does marvelous deeds."   Psalm 71:18

"Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord-that you alone are the Most High over all the earth."  Psalm 83:18

"Who will not fear you, Lord, and bring glory to your name?  For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous  acts have been revealed."   Revelation 15:4

You want regret slipping away and worshipping the Lord with this rendition of "There Is None Like You" by Hillsong.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?