I AM Here




July 15
Our women's Bible Study is being intentional in sitting before the Lord and listening. One member wrote last night how she had slipped away for an alone time with the Lord and was going over His many amazing names and He said to her, "Remember....I know your name!"  Isn't that fabulous!!!

Our prayer lists are laden with huge requests. From unbelievable terrorism and seemingly impossible presidential elections, to cries for relief from physical pain, heartache and much needed salvation, we could grow weary if we didn't know that nothing is impossible for our God.

Personally, I've been in a seeking zone for several weeks.  For the past two days I've done nothing, but cook a couple meals for my husband, praise the Lord, pray, and listen.  I've sat in a stupor, all the while knowing God is omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient and has shown himself to be faithful throughout my life, yet I still have had a pit in my stomach with all the unknowns facing us.  It's one of those times in life, at the fork in the road, we genuinely want to be obedient, but what we think obedience looks like seems to change, even hourly.

UGH. I go back to a recent study on Moses and how he had to wander and wonder for a mighty long time.

God knows so many ways to speak to my heart.  Randomly, without people having a clue what we are going through, God has used phone calls, emails, thunderstorms, creatures and creation to pour out His love over us at just the right moments.

My husband didn't arrive home until around 7:30 last Thursday.  He called me on his way and just moments into our conversion the phone went dead.  I waited and he didn't call right back, I texted "Call me back!"  Then I began to WAIL.  I cried out, "Abba, Father, do not take him from me!!!! Sobs of fear poured from me."  I was crying so hard and then from the phone I heard, "I'm here. Hello?"  He said, he'd tried to call back four times, but the line was busy.

He ate his supper and then I said, "Can we head out on the water and hunt the blue heron?"  He replied, "Grab your camera!"  The photos reveal what a wonderful time we had cruising around on our old pontoon with our daughter's "Love Songs" harp CD playing and watching this bird sore!

If we take the time to be still, to sit before Him and seek Him with all our heart, He will reveal himself to us!  The answers usually aren't what we are expecting, but they are what He knows we need.  How blessed we are to have a God who is HERE!

"He says, 'Be still and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'"
Psalm 46:10

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6 

For today, we have peace with the direction we are headed...there may be stops and twists and turns along the way, but the final destination will never change! And it is there He will be with us for all eternity!  Praise the Lord, oh, my soul. Praise the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?