Take Captive Every Thought & Wage War Differently

There are various modes of transportation around Shiloh.
Love these two early morning shots.


July 25
Weeding, watering and ironing are chores which tend to send my mind off wandering. For some reason in those environments my mind digs up situations which frustrate me.  Situations where I have remained quiet and didn't say what my emotions were leading me to express. Sometimes the Holy Spirit was most likely holding me back, other times it may have been out of fear. Yesterday, while ironing, I was hashing over a particular situation and really wanted to let someone have a piece of my mind.  God said, "Just tell me what you're feeling instead."

Laying down to go to bed the situation came back to mind, as did one from years ago involving a different individual.  The verse which came to mind was "...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."  2 Corinthians 10:5  Would me opening my mouth bring glory to God?

In this chapter, where Paul is defending his ministry, he also speaks the impactful truth...
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.  The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.  On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." v.3-4

My long time slogan of "Pray it, don't say it!" goes along with the above teaching.

The other verse that allowed me to go off to sleep was Philippians 4:8...
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." 

I can assure you the upcoming election, politics in general and terrorism were not topics to be thought about!  Instead I choose to think on these things....
Whatever is...
True                Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Noble              Missionaries sacrificing so much to spread the Gospel.
Right              The Word of God
Pure                God's unconditional love for us.
Lovely             Heaven
Admirable      Businesses/prominent figures who stand boldly for Christ
Excellent        The angels watching over us
Priaseworthy God's redemptive plan and every aspect of his character.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?