Tickle the Ears of Angels. Make a Joyful Noise!


Out on the boat late one July afternoon, 
I looked up and saw an airplane flying past the moon.
It's the tiny white dot below the moon and to the right.
The magnitude of what God created versus 
what man has made spoke to me of His grandeur.

August 25
Sometime that same week, I read this in Jesus Calling:

"When you Worship Me in spirit and truth, you join with choirs of angels who are continually before My throne.  Though you cannot hear their voices, your praise and thanksgiving are distinctly audible in heaven.  Your petitions are also heard, but it is your gratitude that clears that way to My Heart.  With the way between us wide open, My blessing fall upon you in rich abundance.  The greatest blessing is nearness to Me-abundant Joy and Peace in My Presence.  Practice praising and thanking Me continually throughout this day."  Sarah Young  

At the time I read this we had 22 people staying in the house and I was struggling to make time to worship the Lord. I think I was worshipping eight fabulous grand babies!  Later, I thought, I'm able to get in worship mode on Sunday mornings with 600 people around, I can do this.  In my journal I wrote: "Lord, help me come up with a plan, which allows me time to praise and give thanks and listen intently to Jesus, even when Shiloh has others in the house.

Recently, a friend asked me that if God is all knowing and our futures are plotted out, why do we bother to pray.  My reply is that God created us to be relational beings, particularly when it comes to our relationship with Him and prayer is how that occurs.  Sarah Young makes another impactful point in her entry above.  Our praise and thanksgiving, as well as requests, are audible in heaven.

Oh, how I hope I remember everyday to make a joyful noise by singing praise and give thanksgiving to God, which tickles the ears of angels and all the inhabitants of heaven.

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks.  God is spirit. and  his worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth.  John 4:23-24

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  Psalm 100:4

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?