Winners


August 15
We've really been enjoying the Olympics this year.  Having our 7 year old grandson with us, who loves sports, made it even more enjoyable.  After playing hard all day, none of us were able to stay up at night, so we taped the games and watched them the next day!  I stayed up both nights for the team and individual all round gymnastics competitions.

Waking up a bit groggy Friday morning I thought...
"I would not have done that if there wasn't a huge chance of the US coming out a winner in the all round gymnastic and so many swimming events."  That thought led me to contemplate the time I spend chasing Jesus and digging deeper into his Word.  If I wasn't convinced through real life experiences that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is sitting on the throne, victoriously in heaven, I wouldn't spend all this time with him.

Jesus Calling had a fabulous entry August 8th about going deep with the Lord.

"I speak to you from the deepest heaven. You hear Me in the depths of your being.  Deep calls unto deep.  You are blessed to hear Me so directly.  Never take the privilege for granted.  The best response is a heart overflowing with gratitude. I am training you to cultivate a thankful mind-set.  This is like building your house on a firm rock, where life's storms cannot shake you.  As you learn these lessons, you are to teach them to others.  I will open the way before you, one step at a time.

Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; 
all Your waves and billows have gone over me.
Psalm 42:7

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
 Psalm 95:1

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man
who builds his house on the rock.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew
and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
Matthew 7:24-25

Go deep this week!  He's waiting for you!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?