Remember, I Will Carry You


September 12
A year ago I was in my car headed to Nashville, TN to visit our daughter's family for three days.
Two hours after arriving, I had an Ischemic stroke which left my left side paralyzed.  Your cards, flowers, gifts, visits and prayers were an overwhelming presence of God's love.

This past weekend we were hosting a Young Life staff retreat at our home, Saturday morning one young lady saw me trying to go down the steps with a tray full of breakfast food and asked if I needed help. The slowness of my left leg, especially on steps, is a reminder of what happened that day.
At first my pride drifted towards embarrassment that this young woman saw me as disabled, but quickly those thoughts shifted to thankfulness.  I replied, "I need to do this to keep this leg strong.  A year ago it didn't work at all, so I will take how far I've come with a huge offering of thanksgiving."


The day after the stroke in ICU with our son who had flown in from Minneapolis
About 10 days after the stroke at the hospital rehab, 
when we convinced the doctor to allow Deke to push me outside in the wheelchair.
He brought my camera so I could try to take pictures of flowers. It felt great to be outside!

Our daughter ministering to the whole hospital floor with her harp!

"Even to your old age I will be the same, 
and even to your graying years I will bear you!
I have done it, and I will carry you;
and I will bear you and I will deliver you."
Isaiah 46:4


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?