Let the Christmas Cheer Begin

This little one is counting the days until December.

November 29
Slumbering soundly beside my bed, on a mattress on the floor, the past couple nights has been this lump of love. Her two year old brother sleeps down the hall in his crib. A house can be decorated and all aglow, but it's the love and excitement of little ones at Christmas time which brings it to life. It's been so much fun having them here, although yesterday I broke my little toe and then stepped on a white metal jeep with my other foot and cut the bottom of my foot!  I laughed as I limped around and popped another homemade snickerdoodle  in my mouth giving thanks for grandchildren.

Last night we watched a movie called Santa Paws,which was a knock off of Annie. It led into a great conversation about those who are less fortunate in so many ways. There will be those without presents under the tree, maybe their houses are not warm, nor their families filled with love.  Our granddaughter thought it would be a great idea for us to take in some girl orphans and she would be their friend.

This Christmas season may our hearts look under our own trees less and out to the needs of others more.

"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'"  Matthew 25:40 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?