The Best is Yet to Come

Baking Christmas cookies with this top chef makes bring joy to my day.

December 7
Joy to the world, the Lord has come!
Let earth receive her king!  
Let every heart prepare him room and heaven and nature sing.  
Isaac Watts 1719

The carols are playing.  I’ve vacuumed, prepared food, and cleaned out the front hall closet readying it for winter coats.  If anyone was peeking in the windows they would have seen me dancing with my duster!

Hearing the lyric let every heart prepare him room stops me in my tracks.  
How much room have I made for Jesus today?  There are more chores awaiting, but I choose to take a break and receive whatever the king might have for me.

In Max Lucado's Cosmic Christmas, as Gabriel  looks in the manger he is mesmerized and states:

”All of God was in the infant.  Light encircled His tiny hands.  The very glory I had witnessed in His throne room now burst through His skin.  I felt we should sing, but did not know what.  We had no song.  We had no verse.  We had never seen the sight of God in a baby….In a moment….our minds were filled with Truth we’d never known before. We became aware for the first time of the Father’s plan to rescue those who bear His name.  “Worthy is the Lamb.”

Is the nativity set up in your home? Let's go stare at the manger for a moment and ponder the sacrifice God made for us taking on human form as Jesus.  Say to the Lord, "I know your ways are not my ways, but I love the wonder of it all and believe the best is yet to come."


"Jesus answered him, 'Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.'"
Luke 23:43

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?