Floored

This photo was taken from my bed.
Four on the Floor
I knew there was a reason we built such a large bedroom!
January 10
Ah, the things you do as a grandmother that you never allowed as a mother.  Years ago, when our oldest grandson was visiting alone, I allowed him to sleep on a lounge chair cushion beside my bed. Now that's the only place they want to sleep. So week before last we had four on the floor!  That number may grow this coming weekend! One night for dinner I made spaghetti, macaroni and cheese,  a hot dog, and soup to keep everyone happy. A wise mother would never do that!  To top it off, I allowed them to sit at a little table on my living room RUG and watch a movie while they ate those things!

Maybe God should be referred to as Grandfather and not father. Grandfathers have more wisdom than fathers and generally grandparents are more forgiving.  I supposed the disciplinary element of God  the Father is crucial. As a grandmother I do discipline, I'm just a lot less reactive.  Two wonderful ceramic vases and a favorite hat box belonging to my grandmother were smashed accidentally during cousin camp and my response was "accidents happen."  That would have been a whole lot different as a mother.

Sarah Young writes in Jesus Always: "Ponder all I have done for you and all that I am to you."
What an excellent assignment.  Journal some of these thoughts about Jesus. If your parents or grandparents are still around, you may want to write them and thank them for the mirror images of Christ they have reflected in your life! Parenting is truly sacrificial love.

"Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you.  Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant.  He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us.  Love like that."
Ephesians 5:1-2





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?