Snowflakes

A very talented friend made this snowflake from clay.  It's not only a reminder of her love and friendship when I see it, but also of how uniquely God has created each one of us. 
Like snowflakes, no two are exactly alike!
January 7-8
Some people dread it. I adore it. What is it?  Snow! And it has been pouring down all night.
In the middle of the night I turned on the lights and watched and wrote:

Thousands of flakes falling silently from the sky.
Crashing to the ground forming a magical covering without a sound.
Amazing.

Sitting in the darkness of my bedroom, the floodlights shine brightly outside.
Now I can watch another one of God's miracles.

Lord, make it snow enough for cars to stop and stores to close, so we may sit still and worship You.

The indescribable covering reminds me of how God's grace covers all my sins.
Like warm clothing fresh out of a hot dryer, snow falling from the sky comforts me.

What a reminder we serve a God who can do all things.


Wishing you all were here to drink hot chocolate and watch with me!

"Have you ever traveled to where snow is made, seen the vault where hail is stockpiled, the arsenals of hail and snow that I keep in readiness for times of trouble and battle and war?  Can you find your way to where lightning is launched, or to the place from which the wind blows? Who do you suppose carves canyons for the downpours of rain, and charts the route of thunderstorms that bring water to unvisited fields, deserts no one ever lays eyes on, drenching the useless wastelands so they're carpeted with wildflowers and grass?  And who do you think is the father of rain and dew, the mother of ice and frost?  You don't for a minute imagine these marvels of weather just happen, do you?"
Job 38:22-30






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?