The Lord is Good

Our daughter in law is so beautiful it's hard to notice our new grandson.



Our baby's smile is so big, you almost miss noticing his baby boy!

January 31
Life takes such twists. There was such joy January 28th when this little fellow arrived 2 weeks early.
Then at 2AM the next morning he was taken to the NICU. He is getting awesome care and improving, but it's been a heavy load for these new parents to carry.

When the baby arrived the plan was to post newborn pictures and look at 1 Peter 2:1-3:
"Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.  Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted the Lord is good."

As I've prayed for this baby and his parents my heart has ached knowing in their exhaustion and newness to parenthood and this medical issue they must feel so inadequate. Praise God they've known to cry out to Him.
My eyes drifted to my computer screen and this prayer, which I had implanted there at some point. 
May it strengthen you or someone you love in some area where you/they are feeling inadequate.

"Lord, sometimes my weaknesses cause me to feel inadequate and afraid to move out of my comfort zone. I praise you that you make us sufficient in your sufficiency. Lord, we can gladly accept our infirmities because it's in those times where your power is displayed through us. Father, I don't want my children to allow their perceived weaknesses to limit them.  I pray that _____ would be able to allow your grace to work through his/her weakness.  Help _____to experience the wonder of your power working in his/her life despite his/her feelings of inadequacy.  Thank you that we don't have to worry about our limitations because we know we can depend on your strength to be shown perfectly through us. I pray that _____ would be able to set his/her mind free from worry and rest in the assurance that your grace is sufficient for anything!"

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, 
so that Christ's power may rest on me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?