Our Newest


February 13
The past week, I've had the blessing of loving on this new grandson and his parents in Tampa, Florida.  I thank God for this new life.  Caring for a newborn is definitely in my top five favorite life experiences. How I love to hold a miracle in my arms.  If I lived near a hospital, I'd be a volunteer baby rocker for sure.

Somewhere recently I was reading how a kiss is the most intimate expression of love. When I hold a newborn, I can't help but kiss on that little head.

Numerous passages teach the concept of greeting one another with a holy kiss. (2 Corinthians 13:12)
Come to think of this, it's a concept carried out in our home.  When greeting the kids or grands we always embrace and offer a kiss.

Europeans kiss on both cheeks!  Watching the 2017 Presidential Inauguration kissing techniques was interesting. Some people used the European double cheek technique with the First Lady and others went with the American, single sided peck.

Whatever article I was reading posed the question: "Have you ever offered up a kiss to God?"
Since meditating on that concept, I've been offering God a kiss every night and Ive been greeting him with one in the morning!

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."
Deuteronomy 6:5

And blow him a kiss every now and then. 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?