The Magnitude of God

Thankful for this new little creation.

For as much as we love this little one, it's nothing compared to God's love and care.

February 21
Fathom - understand a difficult problem or enigmatic person.  A measure of depth.


"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted."
Job 9:10

For the past couple weeks I've been battling a very painful Hordeolum (stye) in my lower eyelid.
The doctor wanted to operate last week. Shocked by his description of the procedure, the pain involved and facial bruising that will occur due to my stroke med, I asked him...."How do you feel about prayer?" That flew right over his head. He had his nurse schedule surgery for March 2nd, as I was not going to be available before then and told me to continue hot compresses multiple times a day.
Compress time has translated into prayer time.  At 4AM the other morning, I was praying for healing with a rice sock on my eye and asking God to do a mighty work on the rest of my prayer list.  At that point I was overcome with the magnitude of God.  The word fathom came to mind.  God, who created the universe and continues  to keep it on track and create new beings every moment, is capable of ANYTHING.  If he wants to heal this eye without surgery He will. If not, there is a purpose in the process that is intended to bring Him glory.

What a mighty God he is!  He is out of this world for certain, but at the same time aware of every earthly detail.

"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom."
Psalm 145:3

Friends have been fabulous to be praying for me.  Friday night I told a friend that I know this little annoyance is about much more than my eye.  One son texted me the story of the friends lowering the paralytic though the roof of the home where Jesus was, so this man could be healed.  I told my friend it wouldn't surprise me if God's timing in bringing healing was directly related to increasing the faith of someone else. Whatever happens God will get the glory.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?