Don't Scrap It FIGHT BELIEVE

May 15
A younger sister in Christ posted on Instagram her new life verse.

"My flesh and my heat may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:26

What are some things you have scrapped because they were such a mess, total failures in your eyes that you decided it was just easier to start over?  I've tossed baked goods, knitting projects, paintings, writings, clothing, fishing poles and even friendships.

Unlike the majority of the items mentioned above, marriage is God made, not something established by human hands. Not something He wants scrapped, but totally refreshed, restored.  While friendships are relational in nature, they are not bound by a covenant to God. Yes, our friendship with God/Jesus is the exception.

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
Proverbs 18:24

Coming alongside a wounded couple one night, my husband and I recognized the spiritual battle warring around them.  His assignment was for them to read Ephesians 6 and learn how to put on the Armor of God.

The next morning, as I read Psalm 73:26 I wanted to go deeper in studying this verse and came across two excellent sermons by John Piper.


http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/models-for-combating-discouragement

Piper lays out 5 guidelines for times when we are feeling despondent. Just ready to scrap life.

  1. "Find your trusted friends. Who are they? Who are your inner ring?
  2. Open your soul to them.
  3. Ask them to fight with you, to wage war with you, to support you, to watch with you and pray with you.
  4. Pour out your soul to the Father.
  5. And rest in the sovereignty of his wisdom, come what may. “But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
 God is greater than any problem we have.  FIGHT for what is of value.  BELIEVE.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?