You're My Enough



June 19
"Because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of Your wings, 
My soul clings to You: You're right hand upholds me."
Psalm 63:78

I'm participating in a summer study and we just did a week's focus on adoration and shared praise music with one another.  A friend sent a link to Shannon Wexelberg's song Cling.  I was not familiar with the song or artist, but both have packed a punch in my praise time!

What an awesome song.  Love the lyric “you’re my enough”.

Looking up all the lyrics, I decided to print them off for my journal.  Powerful.
Cling
When the night is long, when I yearn for deep peace to come, I strain to hear Your song,
but suddenly I'm not alone for you settle over me, dispelling all my fears.
My Father, I know You are here.

Chorus
May Yours be the only smile I need to see, may You be the healing washing over me.
With Your arms around me, Your peace surrounds me and may it only be You I cling to.

I set out on this road, so many voices call to my soul, they try to fill my cup,
but I have found, sweet Lord, that You're my enough.

So I'm staying close to You, You hold me to Your side My Father, the joy of my life.
Break any hold this world has on me, I'm letting go and I throw myself at Your feet.
There's just one thing, One single thing I need to know, the very One who formed me.

Chorus
May Yours be the only smile I need to see, may You be the healing washing over me.
With Your arms around me, Your peace surrounds me and may it only be You I cling to.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?