Where's the Focus?

Sitting on our beach under what we call our umbrella tree.
It protects us from the sun and the rain.

The wrong focus.

September 22
Here at Shiloh, there is a private little beach and shallow cove area. It's the perfect respite spot and even comes with an umbrella tree for shade and protection from unexpected drizzles. Invariably, when I go there, click on the pause music and seek the Lord, the enemy distracts me by having me focus on the dead limbs that need pruning.

The other day while gazing up at these limbs, I was reminded of how quickly we are to find the small faults in people instead of focusing on all their attributes.  LOL.  The other day my husband and I were sharing about our day and we had both encountered people we described as "a little different."  After our third person who was "a little different" I laughed and said, "Possibly, we are the ones who aren't normal!" As we look at people today, let's zoom in on how perfectly God wove them together and imagine the plans He has for them.  Plans for good!  Plans that possibly aren't in our realm of normal!

"Here's what I want you to do.  
Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God.  
Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage.  
The focus will shirt from you to God and you will begin to sense his grace."  
Matthew 6:6

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?