Be Strong and Keep Your Bible Open!



Sorry about Friday's post. I was traveling and for some reason the script did not come through. I redid it this morning.
 
October 15th tubing!



October 16
Another beautiful Fall day found us out on the water taking our grandsons and some friends tubing; and then we hosted a double baptism.  Two young brothers, who had made professions of their faith, wanted a lake baptism.  Our pastor wore a t-shirt which said, "I have decided."  What a great open ended conversation starter!

The passage our pastor selected for these young men was powerful and filled with wisdom.
Joshua 1: 7 and 9

"In the same way I was with Moses, I'll be with you. I won't give up on you; I won't leave you.
Strength! Courage!...Don't get off track, either left or right, so as to make sure you get to where you're going.  And don't for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind.  Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it.  Then you'll get where you're going; then you'll succeed.  Haven't I commanded you?  Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take." 

May we take these words to heart ourselves today.
1) Be strong and remember God is with us.
2) Open our Bibles and ponder and meditate what it has to say.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?