Repaint

Who knows where this is?
October 11

As I was thinking about fall and the need for our sinfulness to fall away the word repent came to mind and then immediately the word repaint!  The best paint jobs (on old items, which I consider myself to be) occur after there has been some prep work of scraping and sanding.  Getting rid of the old!
Repenting isn't painless.  It's a process of honesty before God. It is allowing God to go deep into the surface of our hearts and reveal the ugliness. It's a process we'd rather not have to admit is necessary.  The exposure of my sin makes my stomach hurt, as if I want to throw up the sin I've committed and flush it away! Jesus is the only one who can dispose of it.

Currently, I'm enrolled in Bible Study Fellowship where we are studying the book of Romans.  Paul doesn't mince words in Chapter 1 about the pigpen of sin we can allow ourselves to waller in.  It makes it clear that none of us are without sin and thus we all have a need to repent and turn from our nasty ways.

"But if the wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed and observes all My statures and practices justice an righteousness, he shall surely live; he shall not die."  Ezekiel 18:21

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?