The Lover of Our Soul

Love this shadow photo!

October 19
For a week, I was with thrilled to be with a couple of our grandsons as their parents traveled and house hunted for an upcoming move.  It's always strange to enter the stillness of the house after the grands leave. (I'm usually pretty exhausted and sleep hard though.)  
The void that appears in these "be on the alert for little ones" times is my quiet time with the Lord.

October 13th, had I picked up Jesus Always, I would have found a blessing and nudge to be quiet and pray.

"Excessive noise and visual stimulation make it hard for you to find Me in the midst of your moments.  Yet, I am always nearby-as near as a whispered prayer.
People who are in love yearn to be alone together so they can concentrate intently on each other. I am the Lover of your soul, and I long for you to spend time alone with Me.  When you shut out distractions to focus on Me, I awaken your soul to the Joy of my Presence! This increases your love for Me and helps you stay spiritually alert. Praying becomes easier when you're aware of My radiant Presence.  Praying not only bless you but provides an avenue for serving Me. Rejoice that you can collaborate with Me through prayer as I establish My kingdom on earth."

We are three parts mind, body and spirit.  Being with the Lover of our soul is one of the best things we can do to maintain a healthy spirit!

We are the bride of Christ.
"Come with me from Lebanon, my bride. Leave Lebanon behind and come. Leave your high mountain hideaway. Abandon your wilderness seclusion, where you keep company with lions and panthers guard your safety. You've captured my heat, dear friend. You looked at me, and I fell in love.  One look my way and I was hopelessly in love."  Song of Solomon 4:8-10

"So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well.  Learn to love appropriately.  You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush.  Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God."  Philippians 1:9-11

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?