Today vs Tomorrow


Let the Son Shine Way Up High
These two adventurers of ours made the most of today at Yosemite National Park.

October 5
The victims of the Las Vegas shooting and their families had no idea what that evening held.
Years ago I had the privilege of sharing the Gospel with a friend here at the lake, doing a one on one eight week Bible study with her and giving her a Bible.  Our children were the same ages and I was so excited about this new friendship.  The next month I was called to the ER. While driving carpool, she had been killed just a few miles from our house.


"Do not boast about tomorrow, 
for you do not know what a day may bring forth."
Proverbs 27:1 


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  
Each day has enough trouble of its own."  
Matthew 6:34

"And now I have a word for you who brashly announce, 'Today-at the latest, tomorrow-we're off to such and such a city for the year. We're going to start a business and make a lot of money.'
You don't know the first things about tomorrow.
You're nothing but a wisp of fog, catching a brief bit of sun before disappearing.
Instead, make it a habit to say, "If the Master wills it and we're still alive, we'll do this or that."
James 4:13-15

Last year Major Dan Rooney, a Fighter Pilot and professional golfer was interview on Fox News about a project he initiated to provide collage scholarships for the children of fallen soldiers. In the interview he was questioned about wisdom he imparts to his own children.

"When my kids wake up everyday I ask them what today is. I say, “It’s the best day of my life.” 
They ask “Why?” I say,  “Because its the only one I got and I can and I will.”

Also, I've asked them "Which way does an airplane take off?”
They know it's "Into the wind. This prepares for the resistance in life…it’s required for our dreams to take flight, but its never going to be easy, so embrace those headwinds, because it’s Gods way to lift you up."

May we be like the wind and lift others up as well by sharing the gospel, speaking words of encouragement and meeting the needs of others!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?