Bloom

The doomed dollar mum.
November 16
Walking through the garden center at Lowe's a couple weeks ago I noticed their mums were on sale. Some were at full bloom. Others had never opened up.  Inquiring as to the sale price I was informed they were $1. At that price, it was definitely worth the risk of seeing if this plant would bloom. I placed it in a planter at my front door where it would get plenty of sun, but nothing happened.  Maybe it was the chillier evenings that kept those buds from bursting forth.  As I brought a few other plants inside hoping they would endure the winter, I thought I might as well give this one a chance to see if it would bloom inside and it did!!!!

Each day as I've watched it open up a little bit more it has made me think about those people who are bound tightly against opening up to Jesus in their lives.  Maybe if we take them in and nurture them their faith will bloom someday. The environment in which we live does affect our growth.  Just as pouring sunshine, water and fertilizer onto a plant helps it to thrive, pouring time, God's Word, prayer and praise into the lives of others may help open their hearts to the Lord.

"Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing."
1 Thessalonians 5:11

November Gratitude
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise!  Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations."

Let's sing out our praise to the Lord today.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?