Care For Others


Love this sister helping her brother whose vehicle was stuck!

November 7

Baby sitting for two of our grandsons I was helping one deal with a little "having to go second" issue.
I explained that the Bible says we are to think of others better than ourselves.

"Be kind to one another with a brother's love, putting others before yourselves in honor."
Romans 12:10

As we were talking, his younger brother was obviously listening in said, "Care for others and treat them with love."  I was blown away and inquired, "Where did you learn that?"  "At church," he said.
"You have an amazing church, " I replied.

November Gratitude
Nancy Leight DeMoss said, "I think that an unthankful Christian is really a contradiction."
She challenges us:
"We need to thank the Lord out loud. We need to speak our thanks, not just think it.
  We thank Him with music.  We sing to the Lord-'Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving.'
  We thank Him with our prayers as the apostle Paul often did in the New Testament epistles.
  We thank God privately and thank Him publicly."

Prayer
"Lord, I desperately want to live like You did-as a Servant who came to give Your life as a ransom for others.  Show me how to serve others and lay down my demands so others would be blessed. Cultivate in me a heart of humility and gratitude that looks to give instead of get. Thank You!"


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?