Hay Y'all



November 13
After receiving a message from an elementary school friend, my mind drifted back to childhood memories and sleepovers! My husband and I deduced that girls seem to do this more than boys.
What was interesting was reflecting on the "mood/temperament" within those homes and especially the fathers.  Fifty years later, I could still remember the father who joyfully made pancakes on Saturday mornings, greeting us in the kitchen with a smile and his big mug of coffee, while allowing his gorgeous wife to sleep in.  The father who was hardly ever seen and never acknowledge the children in the house. The father who took to his dark study and smoked cigars and coughed and coughed. As well as the friend whose father had died way too young leaving my girlfriend to be raised by her working mother and grandmother.
I messaged my friend back and acknowledged the happy memories I had of staying in her home and how much fun her mother was.  She replied, "You had the best boy/girl parties. I can still remember a pair of red velvet bell bottoms I made myself for one of those parties."  (We are talking 5th or 6th grade!)
What memories have been made within your walls!

November Gratitude
Thank God out loud.
“Let us offer the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.”  
Hebrews 13:15

Thank God with song.
“With my song I will thank Him.” 
Psalm 28:7

"Thank God with prayer.
“Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving.”  
Colossians 4:2

Daniel prayed and gave thanks privately three times a day, but we are also called to give praise and thanks publicly.

“I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; 
I will sing praise to you among the nations.”
 Psalm 57:9



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?