I Get To

A t-Rex that needs to tee tee.


November 1

The attitude transformation that takes place when we choose to say with gratitude "I get to" instead of  "I have to" is incredible.  The other day I was praising a friend in ministry for the sacrifices she is making. I said you have to give up three days a week to do this.  She nodded and then quickly said, "No, I get to give up that time!"

Think about how many times we say we "have to" do something. Most often there's a negative, begrudging context that accompanies those words.  We are attempting to paint two bedrooms and transform stained baseboard and trim into painted.  (It's a three step process, UGH.) I was invited to go to Winston Salem for a fun day with some girlfriends today, but responded with all the things "I have to do."  Last night after 11 hours of prepping and painting I said to my husband, "How blessed we are to "GET TO" paint these rooms!  There are people without homes or the means to buy a can of paint!  We are blessed.  As I crawled into bed, after having him rub Arnicare gel on my aching joints and wrapping myself in ice packs I was still thankful!

Revive Our Hearts is doing a 30 Days of Gratitude email series this month.  An incredible friend and accountability partner I met through writing these devos has challenged me to do this with her this month.  It's going to be so uplifting.  Get on board!

https://www.reviveourhearts.com/articles/growing-in-gratitude-a-30-day-challenge/


"Let us thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of men! And let us offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of his deeds in songs of joy!" Ps. 107:21-22 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?