The Candy Queen




November 3
The Candy Queen costume this precious granddaughter selected just screams party!  
(I think it's actually a lollipop, but for devotional scriptural reference we will go with "sweet".) My mama called everyone Sweetie!  I catch myself doing that these days, thinking "WOW, that sounded just like my mother."  Wouldn't it be a great testimony if we found the actions/words of Jesus unconsciously pouring out of us!

"Just as lotions and fragrance give sensual delight, 
sweet friendship refreshes the soul."
Proverbs 27:9

"Listen, dear friends, to God's truth, bend your ears to what I tell you. I'm chewing on the morsel of a proverb; I'll let you in on the sweet old truths, stories we heard from our fathers, counsel we learned at our mother's knee. We're not keeping this to ourselves, we're passing it along to the next generation-God's fame and fortune, the marvelous things he has done."   Psalm 78:1-4

November Gratitude #3
Revive Our Hearts wrote three amazing statements we can be thankful for:
"The gospel makes us new creatures in Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:17)
"It sets us free from the slavery of sin."  (Galatians 5:1)
"It writes 'forgiven' on our hearts." (Ephesians 1:7)

"Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 5:20
Revive Our Hearts Prayer for Today
"Father God, I am so very grateful that You see my distresses, hear my desperate cries, and willingly provide Divine deliverance.  Thank You for Your goodness, for Your steadfast love that endures, for me, forever."  In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?