The Shiny Potty



Tuesday night I went from this costumed bedtime, 
to a middle of the night potty hugging with an upset tummy.

November 23
Had it not been for this 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge from a friend, I'm not certain I could have had the attitude I did waiting out an upset stomach at our son's home.
I thanked God:
For a beautiful home in which to feel lousy.
For a private bathroom with clean floors, a cushy clean bath mat to sit upon, and a shiny spotless hug.
For a cozy plush blanket I found to wrap around my shoulders and that I had changed from my spider man pajamas with the long zipper, to PJs that were easy to pull down to sit on the potty when needed.
For the sound of fighter jets (we are in VA Beach) flying overhead reminding me of the incredible military our nation has practicing every day, so they are ready to defend us.  I also prayed for all those military families who sacrifice so much peace and comfort with their loved ones who selflessly put themselves in harms way for us.
For a God who is ever present!

November Gratitude:
The Challenge posted this yesterday reminding us to always give thanks:
  • Morning and evening. David instructed the Levites "to stand every morning, thanking and praising the Lord, and likewise at evening" (1 Chron. 23:30).
  • Three times a day. Daniel came before God at morning, noon, and night, setting aside specific times of day to give thanks for His goodness and faithfulness.
  • The middle of the night. "At midnight I rise to praise you," the psalmist wrote (Ps. 119:62). Moments of wakefulness through the night are calls to be mindful of the Lord, thanking Him again as we settle back to sleep on a soft bed of gratitude.
  • Continually. "I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall be continually in my mouth" (Ps. 34:1). At every conscious thought of God's blessing, our automatic reflex should be—and really can be—instant gratitude.
And why not? After all, as David said, "I will give thanks to you forever" Ps. 30:12

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?