Whoa!

Watching these two maneuver all over this house in VA Beach hanging lights at every level
had me saying "Whoa!"
The end result is enchanting!

November 24
A couple weeks ago we had the Nashville grands at Shiloh for a visit, while their parents parents worked on details for their move to Charlottesville. The first morning they were with us I pulled out their favorite cinnamon minis for breakfast. Then I asked if they would like a banana, pear or apple slices.  In unison their voices cried out..."We never do that!  We don't have to eat anything healthy at breakfast!  Our mom never makes us do that!"

"Whoa! Okay, Okay!" I replied.

What was the last thing that set you into a quick panic, needing to set the record straight?  There might have been stories told around the Thanksgiving table yesterday that needed a "whoa there" and some correction due to a different recollection.

Years ago I remember sitting in a book study on prayer and a women spoke up and said, "It doesn't matter what you believe. whether you are Buddhist, Muslim, Mormon, or Christian.  All ways lead to heaven."  I opened my Bible with a "Whoa, that's not what the Bible says," moment.

Lord, give us the courage to speak up boldness with gentleness and love when Your truth needs to be upheld.

November Gratitude from ROH
"One of my friends paraphrases Romans 5:8 this way: 'God demonstrated His love toward us in this: while we were in open, hostile rebellion toward Him, having no interest in Him-not only that, but also actively despising Him and all that He stands for- Christ died for us.' How can we not be inexpressibly thankful?"

"Father God, thank You once again for loving me when I was Your enemy. Awaken my heart to the heights of Your mercy toward me a sinner.  Teach me to cultivate a grateful heart for all You've done and all You are.  Thank You!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?