God's Timing


December 11
Oh my, this transformed Bucket List needs to seep deeply into my heart.
We are living in a mess, but it's no surprise to God.  We had hoped to have our floors refinished in November, but they got delayed until December 4th. Then the floor sander became sick..and on and on we go.  Nary a light, nor decoration is up, just a thick coating of dust covers the whole house and every nook and cranny. Sanding was to be done in one day, but it progressed into three.

While it makes me so sad and overwhelmed to think about putting Humpty Dumpty (the house) back together again, God has provided for us in a most gracious way through a dear couple who has given us their town home to stay in and it's less than two miles away. The same friend gave me the Advent book The Greatest Gift and it really ministered to me in these discouraging times.
The key verse yesterday was:

"Abraham called the place The Lord will provide.
Genesis 22:14
Ann Voskamp wrote:
"You don't need to climb mountains named I Will Perform.
 You don't need to climb mountains named I Will Produce.
 Every mountain that every Christian ever faces, the Lord levels with sufficient grace: The Lord Will Provide...Worry is belief gone wrong...Peace is belief that exhales."

Her challenge was to write 10 different ways God had provided that day. It wasn't even 8 o'clock when I did this.  God has provided:
1) A wonderful warm waterfront place for us to call home.
2) The most patient husband in the world to keep me calm.
3) Three Bible Studies to keep me in survival mode. God's Word is amazing.
4) An encouraging phone call from a friend I hadn't heard from in a long time and she said, God
    placed me on her heart with a message on endurance!  Bingo!
5) Hot tea on a cold, cold day
6) Painters to help with what I can't do.
7) A fabulous chiropractor to go to since I have sciatica
8) Prayer
9) Friends and a sweet daughter checking on us and inviting us for lunch/dinner.
10) A decadent box of Godiva Chocolates as a surprise gift from a friend.

Opening my laptop yesterday I saw the news of fires raging in California and people having to evacuate not knowing if the fires will reach their homes.  I thought, "Put on your big girl pants and give thanks. In God's timing you will get back in that house."


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?