Peace with a Purpose

These are just a few of the Christmas lights at the Boar's Head Resort in Charlottesville.
The decorations and lights are beautiful.

"Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying,
 “I am the Light of the world; 
he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”  
John 8:12
December 8

Peace:One dictionary defines it as freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility.

Why do we desire peace?  It makes us feel better.  We want things to go as we planned. We forget God is up to good weaving things together!
A friend and I were talking recently about choices people close to us make which can seem inconsiderate, leaving a hurt in our heart. That "What about me!" expletive comes out.  She laughed out loud, as she said we must remember..."It's not about us!"

I'm having those feelings right now in the midst of a home improvement project. Paying big bucks for inconvenience after inconvenience and a lack of respect for my time and schedule.  Then somewhere recently I read:
"You need My peace each moment to accomplish My purposes in your life. Sometimes you are tempted to take shortcuts in order to reach your goals as quickly as possible. But if the shortcut requires turning your back on My peaceful Presence, you must choose the longer route. Walk with Me along paths of Peace; enjoy the journey in My Presence."

Whew, that's a doozie I need to post somewhere in my house!  Better yet, on my heart.

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?