What Do You See?

December 22

Here are some December words of wisdom.  December is such a visual month.  The stockings are hung, the tree is adorned, the packages wrapped and ribboned, the cookies are decorated, the glitter is applied and we look for that dress with a little bit of sparkle to be a hit at holiday parties.  And Jesus doesn't care a bit about any of that, for he's looking at the heart.

"People judge on outward appearances, but the Lord looks at the heart.
1 Samuel 16:7

"Our seeing must cut through surfaces and down to souls. It's strange how it affects us-from housekeeping to soul-keeping:if it's mostly the surfaces that absorb us, then we're mostly superficial. When my priorities aren't the things seen-when my priorities are rather the things unseen-it's only then that my life begins to have substance and weight."  Ann Voskamp

So, we slow the pace and have someone sit by the tree and look into their heart instead of at their hairdo!

The other day, amidst our house mess, there was only a couch in our living room. I asked my husband, "Will you sit here and listen to my heart?"  He sat down and prepared to place his ear on my chest thinking I thought I was in Afib and wanted him to hear it.  Instead, I had a proposal I knew he wouldn't be thrilled about, but I wanted him to hear from my heart my reasoning!  We laughed out loud!  Whose heart do you need to hear today?

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?