To Be...Cautious For We Can Stumble


We just stayed out of the surf!

February 16
"Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2
Yesterday, I shared how a scripture card with this verse confirmed a conviction from the Lord.

Last week, I returned home late one afternoon from my elder care run in Roanoke to check on my in laws. One is at home with caregivers, the other in a nursing home.  Upon arriving home, I  noticed we had a voice message on our landline.  A realtor was asking to show our house, which is not on the market, the next day.  We only had a few hours to prepare, but decided to go ahead and let it show.

In the hours between the showing and receiving a call back from our realtor, whom we had asked to be involved, I abstained from the temptation to go on Realtor.com and look at where we would possibly go, but my mind went to wondering. Would we buy, would we build, would we take the money and run?

An offer was not made, but an offense to God was made by me.  Never once in those few hours did I ask the Lord how we could bring glory to Him if the house sold.  Never once did I ask Him where He might be calling us to serve. It was all about "me" and how would we be provided for in the next step.

My heart was not right.
"Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me."  Psalm 51:9-11

My mind was set on earthly things. which are of no eternal value.  I stumbled.  I missed the mark.
Forgive me Lord.

💗
"For this is the original message we heard: We should love each other."  1 John 3:11MSG 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?