To Be...Contagious


February 2
Walking through the hospital corridors while caring for my in-laws, I saw door after door with contamination gear handing over it. DO NOT enter without notifying a nurse. You must be masked! Cans of hand sanitizer hung on doors and walls waiting to be squirted.  Leaving each day, I felt like I needed a shower and to get my clothes immediately into the wash.

Contagious means to spread from one person to another and affect that person. While we tend to think of this word with a negative "watch out" connotation, , especially during flu season, when applied to our faith it can point to a very positive process.

Check out these excerpts from an article by Marty Cauley.
"I am a Christian, a servant of Jesus Christ, because I was exposed to people who were infected with the presence of Jesus Christ their lives. I caught it from someone else. It altered my spiritual DNA. It changed my worldview. It affected the way I thought of other people and of myself. My understanding of social justice changed, my realization that I was accountable to God was awakened. If you are in a relationship with Jesus Christ it is because you were exposed to a person with contagious faith. You have been infected...
How do I know if I’ve caught it? You have the symptoms! If you don’t have the symptoms you don’t have the disease!
Love; joy; peace; patience; self-control; goodness; kindness; faithfulness; gentleness.If these aren’t growing in you then you need to re-evaluate your relationship with Jesus. Other symptoms: are you building up the body of Christ? Are you serving selflessly? Are you subject to those in authority over you? Are you growing more Christ-like? Are you practicing unity in your local church? " 

"God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love-like Christ in everything.  We take our lead from Christ, who is the source of everything we do. He keeps us in step with each other. His very breath and blood flow through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God, robust in love."  Ephesians 4:15-16

"Shout the news of his victory from sea to sea, take the news of his glory to the lost,
news of his wonders to one and all!"  Psalm 96:2-3

Christianity Today has an excellent article on ways to inspire your faith in your children's lives.
https://www.christianitytoday.com/women/2017/september/six-ways-inspire-confident-contagious-faith-apologetics.html

Laughter  is a positive contagion we need to spread as well!

💗
"What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived"-the things God has prepared for those who love him-"  1 Corinthians 2:9


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?