To Be...Not Normal

February 19
Last week I shared how I missed the mark on having a heart like Jesus.  I missed out on being totally sold out for Jesus.  The flesh was ruling! God gave me several opportunities to confess my heart condition and fleshly actions to some sisters in Christ.   Most of them graciously said, "You reacted perfectly normal." Later, my Bible Study Fellowship leader called and asked if I had any prayer request. I shared my journey and choking back tears said, "I don't want to be normal."

Thirty minutes later a call came from our realtor saying the clients were reconsidering and would like us to have an appraisal done.  Really Lord?  Was this because I had confessed my sin and repented? We were not open to doing an appraisal and said, "Just make an offer."

The waiting and wondering set in once more.  I began to journal and read God's Word.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight."  Proverbs 3:5

Then I shifted into worship mode and pulled up a couple random songs on my iTunes account.
The first one rocked out: "What This World Needs" by Casting Crowns
"What this world needs is...
A Savior who will rescue
A Spirit who will lead
A Father who will love them in their time of need."

Amen!  We need to share the gospel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PAzYDDSQdI

The second, more soothing song by Francisca Battistelli is called "Holy Spirit"
"Holy Spirit you are welcome here. Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere.  Your glory God is what our hearts long for, to be overcome by Your Presence Lord, Your Presence Lord."

The Holy Spirit is so present at Shiloh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvBBC7-PSHo

The journaling continued...Where you lead Lord, I will follow.  Thank You for the last lesson and I pray I can use it to be a testimony to how you mold and teach.  I praise You Father and ask you to guide us into this unknown. In Jesus Name. Amen

Opening Priscilla Shirer's study, Discerning the Voice of God I read...
"If God hasn't told you what to do yet...keep doing what He has for today.  Stay the path. Simply,
'Delight yourself in the Lord.' Psalm 37:4  Life's interruptions are divine interventions....God guides us progressively.  If He gives us too much we'll either rush impatiently toward it, or we'll be so intimidated by His assignment that we will recoil from it and run the opposite direction."

Good God nibbles!

Unable to sleep I went back to God's Word and was directed to 1 Samuel chapter three where young Samuel is in training under Eli and he struggles to recognize God's voice. Three times he thinks Eli is calling him.  Finally, Eli explains it is God calling and Samuel answers the Lord and serves him faithfully. Then verse 21 says...

"The Lord continued to appear at Shiloh."
Now that was a show stopper for me.
In my trying to figure God out mode, I asked my husband if maybe since my stroke had slowed me down we'd missed the mark here at Shiloh with ministry. Maybe he was sending new younger, better listening servants to do ministry here.  In BSF we've been in Romans 10-11 where the Israelites (Jews) didn't receive the Gospel, so God sent it to the Gentiles.  I want to receive God's message!

"Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me."  Psalm 119:133

To be continued...




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?