To Be...In God's Presence



April 6
"You're all I want in heaven!  You're all I want on earth!  When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, God is rock-firm and faithful. Look!  Those who left you are calling apart! Deserters, they'll never be heard from again. But I'm in the very presence of God-oh, how refreshing it is! I've made Lord God my home. God, I'm telling the world what you do!"  Psalm 73:25-26

I need this verse today.  Yesterday afternoon, I rushed our 36 weeks pregnant daughter to a hospital labor and delivery about an hour away.  She had been in pain, not labor, all day.  The doctors were concerned she might have preeclampsia. The tests were negative and she is back here resting with us.

"You're all I want in heaven!  You're all I want on earth!

At 9AM this morning, one of my closest friends will undergo surgery for breast cancer at the same hospital where our daughter was yesterday.  Knowing a section was a real possibility for our daughter yesterday, my friend said, "Maybe we can room together."

I sent a text to my girlfriend a moment ago saying, "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it for God's mercies are new every morning. He goes before us in all things making our paths straight.  The Holy Spirit fills us with the strength to persevere. You are one of God's most precious gifts to me and I am so thankful His loving hand is upon you this day."

"You're all I want in heaven!  You're all I want on earth!

At that same 9 o'clock hour, I go with friends to take a brunch to the family of another precious friend whose life will be celebrated this afternoon with a memorial service.  The lack of her presence leaves a real void in our neighborhood, but we all know where she is.

"You're all I want in heaven!  You're all I want on earth!
I've made Lord God my home. God, I'm telling the world what you do!"


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?