To Be...Keeping Our Eyes on Jesus

Posted by Sanibel Community Church

April 5
"Keep your eyes on Jesus, our leader and instructor. 
He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterwards; and now he sits in the place of honor by the throne of God."  
Hebrews 12:2
It was difficult to keep my eyes on Jesus this past week, because we had this bunch home and I wanted to take in every moment of interaction between them that my eyes could behold. On day 5, I realized "I've not had quiet time with Jesus."  When this happens the prayer category of young parents pops up and I pray, "Jesus, Help them make the time to be with you Jesus."

Reading the Hebrews verse above, I reflected on the sacrificial kind of love Paul is speaking of. I would willingly give my life for anyone in the picture above.  It would be easy to offer up, because I'm in relationship with these peeps!  We have a deep connection.

Think of those we love deeply. Those we are willing to offer our lives for.  Now, think about our relationship with Christ. Are we deeply connected?  Have our eyes been so fixated on him that He shines out of us? Can we say, "My Leader and Instructor, Jesus, has taught me.....this or that?  Will we stop right now and thank Jesus for going to the cross on our behalf?

When we reach an intersection, we look left and right and left again, before we make a move with our car, bike, or feet into the road.  Today, Lord, help us keep our eyes on You, looking for your direction before we make a move or even a comment.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?