To Be...Singing Sacred Songs

April 17
(Sorry, yesterday's post had issues. It should be in order now, before this one.)

When God is moving I don't want anything to interrupt the Spirit!  I was praying for my three close friends with cancer and decided to just text them my prayer.  It was similar to this

Lord before I close my eyes tonight I want to pray for those I love battling the unknowns of cancer. Give them the hope, strength and courage they need for each day. Comfort them with Your presence as you whisper into their minds of your love for them. Remind them that there are fabulous angels encamped around them. May every cancer cell in their bodies be cast out and replaced by good ones with your mighty hand. Thank You for your promise that you will never leave us or forsake us whatever each day brings. I ask that their dreams tonight be joy filled and cause them to smile in their sleep and that tomorrow holds treasures and experiences that totally amaze them. In Jesus Name, with Love, Amen

I shared with one of them I longed to be with her. She has recently moved from our neighborhood to Florida, so she cleverly replied with a map quest location button. When I clicked on the locator,  it showed exactly where she was... Sacred Heart Hospital.


Curiosity got the best of me and I plugged the words sacred and heart into Biblegateway.  The verse that came up was the perfect one for us to meditate on as we went to sleep.


"Talk with each other much about the Lord, quoting psalms and hymns and singing sacred songs, making music in your hearts to the Lord."  Ephesians 5:19 


When God gets going, so good like this, I just don't want to stop the feeling!


My friend is now in the presence of Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?