To Be...Standing

This little lump of love has just recently gotten his land legs and now has a steady stance.
He waves to everyone...or is praising the Lord a lot.
April 11
Do you get excited when you are studying God's Word?  I certainly do!  Recently, while reading in Habakkuk I was overwhelmed with elation.  Who knew this little book with the crazy name would have so many wonderful nuggets!

"I will stand on my guard post and station myself on the rampart; and I will keep watch and see what He (God) will speak to me."  Habakkuk 2:1

When I read this verse, I thought, "What is it I am willing to stand on my guard post for?"  Standing guard over these grands is a definite.  If I had concern for the security of my home, I would stand firm  and protect it.  I laughed as I thought about the times I widened my stance and stood watch over seats for a concert, graduation, church service etc.  I've even stood guard over a parking place! And for sure I've stood waiting and pacing on a lot of babies to come.

How long do I stand, sit or kneel keeping watch to see what God has to say?  Maybe I give Him my standard ten minutes before the throne, but I should be willing to wait until He speaks.  We miss out on some amazing encounters  because we are too lazy, too distracted, of too little faith to station ourselves and stand and wait.

Priscilla Shirer says, "Habakkuk was purposeful and resolved, vigilant and tenacious. He knew his God would answer, so he positioned himself proactively to receive it."

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?