To Be...Abiding

This made me laugh out loud!
He said, "Cast the nets!"

May 15
Y'all, I've just got to tell you my mind is blown over how God's Word excites me.  He took the definition of the simple little word abide, and thrilled my heart and encouraged me.
I've seen movies that leave me in a contemplative state, heard songs that made me dance right that moment, but God will take a word of scripture and I can feel him wrapping his arms right around me.

Abide-"continue without fading or being lost; live, dwell, wait."

Oh, Lord, there are days where we feel like we are fading away and totally lost.  Days when we don't know how we can possibly go on, but these abiding verses point us to your plan of sustenance.

"Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me."  John 15:4

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."  John 15:7

"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love."  John 15:9

"The one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked."
1 John 2:6

I say..."Abide in His Presence."
To my girlfriend battling breast cancer.
To my soul sister persevering through the recovery pains of knee replacement surgery.
To my mentor watching her husband fight for his life against a failing heart.
To my sweet friend whose daughter just lost twins in a miscarriage.
To another friend whose heart is torn as she moves out of state this week away from friends and her mother.
To my daughter navigating life with a six and seven year old and a new born in a new house in a new city.
To myself on these spring days when I feel overwhelmed with the massive chores of getting Shiloh up and running for summer.

Whatever we are going through is possible to endure, because the one who loves us with an everlasting love abides within us!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?