To Be...In Relationship



Whew! What a day it was.  Today, was too. I forgot to post this!
May 1
The mother daughter relationship is a powerful one. Yesterday before our daughter's c-section,  we went from laughing until we about wet our pants, to crying together after the anesthesiologist, who was amazingly attentive, shared all the scary stuff he is required to share with us, to me holding a cloth on her head while she threw up and threw up and threw up after surgery, so basking in the love that comes from a newborn baby.

Jesus has just that sort of "stick with ya through it all" relationship available to anyone who wants to take the plunge and follow Him.

"The he said to them all:'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it." Luke 9:23-24

"Then he told them what they could expect for themselves" 'Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead.  You're not in the driver's seat-I am. Don't run from the suffering; embrace it.  Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self.  What good would it do to get everything you want and lost you, the real you?
If any of you is embarrassed with me and the way I'm leading with you when he arrives in all his splendor in company with the Father and the holy angels. This isn't, you realize pie in the sky by and by.  Some ho have taken their stand right here are going to see it happen, see with their own eyes the kingdom of God."  Luke 9:23-24 MSG

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?