To Be...Fearful

Summer wild flowers remind me of God's majesty!

June 20
One thing leads to another. I was up enjoying some middle of the night time with the Lord in the silence of his sanctuary.  My mind reflected back to the "A" actions suggested by Peter Lord (seen on the  June 12 entry).
"Appreciation, acceptance, approval, affection, attention, affirmation, and admiration."
The challenge had been to offer these actions to others, but then it hit me, as I was entering a time of worship, to offer those up to the Lord.
Appreciation-for the gift of life, of creation and the gift of salvation
Acceptance-of His Son, Jesus Christ
Approval-of God's sovereignty
Affection-for God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and my fellow man.
Attention-to what the Holy Spirit is doing in my life
Affirmation-of my faith
Admiration for all God is!

That time of worship led me to ponder our charge to fear the Lord.

"Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him." Psalm 33:8

"But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose  hope is in his unfailing love."
Psalm 33:28

I thought about situations where we have a fear/reverence for someone.
A boss
Law enforcement
A DMV worker...:-)
A pilot, ship captain
A parent
A surgeon

People in authority over us tend to evoke fear/reverence/respect.  God is definitely an authority figure. He made the decision to create us and decides which breath is our last.  He keeps the earth on its axis and the sun shining.  In Him will I trust and pray to obey!







Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?