BAYL or Bail

Week 2 Day 3 When God Speaks
What does God say he wants of us?

Love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul, and with all your strength.

"How can we be filled with the Holy Spirit?

"BELIEVE that what God says about the Spirit it true.
ASK God to work in you in all the ways He promised and purposed.
Yield all your life to God and His work
Live your life in obedience to God's working in you daily."

Boo thought: (B.A.Y.L.)Believe, Ask, Yield, Live....Bail Out...
if you fail in your own strength or the strength of others. The market's jitters and jaunts have most of our minds wandering to and fro with "what ifs". I began thinking...at least I have a well stocked pantry that could hold us for some time, putting confidence in what I had.

Coming home from school yesterday I encountered ants everywhere, especially in our pantry. Cleaning things out, I also realized many products had expired and ants or no ants, they needed to be tossed. Meticulously I scoured every can, box, nook and cranny squishing the invaders in the process. During the process I remembered...
Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
And
Psalm 143:8
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Psalm 146:3
Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save.

The incident was a simple reminder that I am not in control and
need to trust in the One who is and offers the best "Bail Out."
So for now, this side of heaven I will keep believing, asking,
yielding and living for Him.

Let's Pray: Lord, Jesus, You are our greatest security.
We will put our trust in You, loving one another through the tough times
and the triumphs in obedience to Your command. Whatever comes along
we know that You provide a "Bail Out" and will never leave us or forsake us.
It is in You we find our peace. In Your Name, we pray, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?