Needing Shelter from the Storm

September 9
The Lord will be a shelter for His people.
Joel 3:16

"The object of our faith is God-not our feelings, not faith itself, but almighty God."
Warren W.Wiersbe

Boo thought: What is the last thing you took shelter from? Recently thousands would say...a hurricane. Just as many would say...turmoil in their hearts.

Listen to the honesty from Psalms Now #83. This may be your heart today or you may sense a yearning to be the hand of Jesus to someone else who feels this way.

I am so depressed tonight, O God. I feel like I am the sole target, of an enemy barrage-
like all the demons of hell are bent on damning my soul for eternity.
I remember Your precious promises, but I do not witness their fulfillment. I talk to people about Your love, and they drown my zeal with scorn. I step forth to carry out Your will, but I feel no sense of accomplishment. I mouth words, wave my arms, and beat the air in fruitless endeavor. Then I fall like a wounded warrior, bone-weary, defeated, and lonely. And I wonder if You are truly my God and if I am really Your child.

Consume, O God, these demons that depress, these enemies that plague my soul. May the whirlwind of Your Spirit sweep them out of my life forever. May I awaken with a heart full of joy and with the strength and courage to walk straight and secure in the dangerous and difficult paths before me.

Let's Pray: Father, Psalm 105, begins like an instruction manual for us and we want to follow along, so we "thank You" for loving us and providing us with such an amazing creation. We "call to You today" for the desires of our hearts and many and we need directions and wisdom for so many choices that confront us. We also want to ask for protection for all those in the path of the latest hurricane, please calm the storm Lord and protect the oil rigs as well. We will open our mouths, pick up or pens or type away and "make known among the nations what You have done." Then whether in the car, the shower or the city streets or with friends we meet we will "sing praise to You today and tell of Your wonders!" And the world will be a better place...because You live! In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?