Reevaluate

September 20
Why are you downcast...Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:11
"God's power and love are a million times greater than our weakness."
Alicia Britt Chole

September 21
Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you. Isaiah 41:10

" When we are frightened, God wants us to draw near, into His arms of safety and love."
Lisa Bevere

Boo thought: The eyelids opened and the realization it was Saturday brought refreshment. Then the thought..."Why I am taking time to write this devotional?" popped into my head. By my bed, lay open Henry Blackaby's When God Speaks study, which I a doing for the 3rd time this year and finding to once again be powerful. My eyes fell upon the pink highlighted text and the scribble in the margins:
God reveals Himself to us progressively. Jesus indicated there was much that God wanted to reveal to the disciples, but He would not disclose more than they could handle. If God is not revealing deep truths to you it is not that He does not want to, but that you are not yet capable of responding to more than God has already shown you. Only time and experience with God will bring you to a mature relationship with Him.
Ah, the daily devotional is my accountability partner, it keeps me digging in the Word daily!
Reading on Blackaby says: God is on a mission to redeem a lost world. God expects people to adjust their lives to Him so that He can work through them to bring others to Himself.
In the margin I have written: "I am too comfortable growing and need to get out and get going for His good."
Every so often we need to reevaluate why we pursuing/investing in the things we are. Is God in the picture? Do we crave being with Him? Are we giving Him the time to reveal things to us?
For me, being in When God Speaks again has given me a passion for the lost that I had laid to rest along the way. If you have never done this study, consider calling your Christian Book Store today or ordering it online (it is old, but still available). In my reevaluation of why I am doing what I do, God has impressed upon my heart to take you all on this journey with me for the next couple months.

Let's Pray: Lord, there is none like You. Forgive us when we elevate others or ourselves to the position only You should hold. Speak to us afresh in the days ahead. Reveal Yourself to us in depths we have never experienced before! Change our lives. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?